lunes, 1 de marzo de 2010

I'm a Spanish BAMF

So today I had to buy a new nose ring because the one I had in was not the best quality and the little diamond fell out, and of course I never thought to bring replacements. So I went to this tough-looking tattoo parlor near the school and ask for a new "aro de la nariz" (nose ring) and we had this 5-minute convo about rings and studs and colors and blah it was so tough! They definitely don't teach you how to say those words in Spanish classes, so it was a great feeling to walk out of there having actually shopped around/ask for advice about different nose-jewelry and not just buying whichever one I found first. I ended up getting a new sterling silver legit one so it should last a while. HOWEVER, this good feeling quickly dissolved when I got home and realized the nose ring itself was almost twice as thick as my old one, making me gauge my own nose in order to fit it- maybe this is TMI, but now I REALLY feel like a BAMF because I pretty much had to re-pierce my nose and it hurrtttttt. Oh boy at least I feel edgy or something.

Just to go over the weekend I had, Saturday was spent indoors fighting off the "code rojo" windstorm that was supposed to produce 150 km.hr winds but actually it only turned out to be around 80, which is still rough but not too bad. It was a pain though because my host family thought it'd be best to stay inside all day so I didn't get to do anything all day! But I made up for it on Sunday because the whole family went for a nice walk to Deusto where the rest of the family lives (they all live within walking distance of each other, with the exception of my family's father who lives about 20 min. away driving). There we had some pintxos, cervezas, and then a huge family lunch/dinner at 3:30 where Marta and her sister-in-law had a very heated discussion about schools and kids or something. They talk fast enough everyday anyways, so I could barely hear their arguments during that luncheon to explain what the eff was going on. These peeps are pretty passionate people (even their initial greeting goes straight to kissing on the cheek!) so their little lunch time discussions usually turn into screaming matches where everyone talks at once. Needless to say I went home early with a headache from trying to translate and comprehend 4 different Spaniards at once for 2.5 hours. At least it's been sunny and warm all week so I got to walk home the long way and enjoy some of the sights in the sun! This week is pretty exciting, too, because not only will the weather stay relatively calm, but we are going to Madrid on Friday for the weekend! I'll definitely be posting pictures and info after the trip, so look forward to it!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario